Friday, January 13, 2012

The Lack of Writing

IMG_0200

Many things have come and go during the period that I’ve remained silent on this blog.

Have decided to blog today because of my prayer answered. As mentioned in my last post, my taste in music has gradually changed over the years. Most of the time now, my iPhone is streaming out strings and chorales instead of drums and guitars. I guess the advantage is that you can play Messiah 13534623242 times and not get bored of it, but if you played contemporary songs, your ears will be numb on the 5th time repeating.

So I made a prayer sometime end of last year, hoping that at least once in my life, I get to sing arguably, the most important Christian song ever composed – The Messiah. Not to sing because it’s great, but to sing to our High King of heaven because He is worthy of such grandeur in music.

And so I return home today from Choir, having known from the announcement that we will be singing Messiah this year. It’s great joy indeed, that you know you are given the opportunity to serve. For though we are unworthy, He has chosen us before all Creation, to serve Him and give Him glory until the end of time into eternity.

Decisions have been made in 2012 to go down the path of no return. But that will be another story in another post on another day.

No comments: