Saturday, April 30, 2011

Power of the Prime

Now, it has been the longest time since I’ve wanted to buy a camera. People can testify to this – reading all about f-stop, bokeh, telephoto, macro, framing blah blah blah and still not own a decent cam.

After fidgeting for almost 3 years I’ve finally  decided to give it a shot. Literally – to get a good one.

IMG_0517

The irony of the camera is that it can never take a picture of itself. Much like the irony of your eyes – almost a little Socratic.

But aside from the jargon, I’m really not that good in photography. It takes practice – and opportunity - to get a really good shot. I don’t have both at the moment, so I’m just randomly shuttering out images.

Shelf

DPP_0006

Prime lens make a diff – superb bokeh like the above.

DPP_0001

The last one goes out to Ms Gracy Tan – since you asked for it in the morning Smile with tongue out

No comments: