Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Joy of Growing Up

Tgt

You see, only kids look forward to growing up. Sometimes I feel that as an adult, we’re too focused on our past.

No doubt, time passed at a rate that we never would have imagined. But whenever we stop looking forward, it’s when we have grown old – whether you are 80 or 18.

It’s a pity because I didn’t grow up with the people in the photo. Some of them were as young as the toddler when they knew each other, and today they are carrying other toddlers.

But of course, I say this not with a pinch of regret, because I do enjoy my childhood tremendously. And because I shift around so much, I can remember clearly things that happened when I was 3.

Together Again

Looking forward, we can only pray that these kids will continue to be in the Lord, and to grow to be like Him everyday.

It’s a joy, really, to grow up and to look back knowing that we’ve been through so much.

Tummy!

I bet Caleb will be furious when he sees this picture at my age.

No comments: